A painter and graphic artist. He studied in Academy of Arts under F.A.Rubo; in 1908 he won the 1st award of a competition for the sketch “Falconry”; in 1911 he obtained the title of a painter for his painting “Tsar’s Construction Works, the 17th century”. He was a member of the Partnership of Independents (1910-1917). Before the revolution he dedicated himself to the topics of Russian history and landscapes with view of monuments of the old Russian architecture. After the revolution he created a series of paintings dedicated to the Lenin’s places in Simbirsk. He participated in the creation of dioramas for the Revolution Museum of Moscow, for the New York World Fair in 1939. The exhibitions of the P.S.Dobrynin’s works were organized in Simbirsk (Ulianovsk) in 1920 and 1958. The painter’s works are kept in the Museum of the Academy of Arts of the USSR, the Lenin Central Museum and other museums.