Studied at Odessa Art School (1905-11), then in Academy of Arts in Petersburg (1913-1922). In 1919 was awarded the 1st prize at Petrograd “Great Russian Revolution” Art Contest. In 1924 settled in the USA. Personal exhibitions of the artist were held in M. Stemer (1927, 1928, 1929, 1931) and Middletown (1940) New York galleries. In 1932 was awarded the Harris 2nd prize and the bronze medal of the Art Institute of Chicago, in 1933 – the 3rd prize of the Art Museum of Wooster. Was a member of the Brooklyn Union of Artists. In 1930-s gave lessons in his own school. The artist’s works are exhibited in the American Art Museum of Whitney in New York and the National Museum in Krakow.