Painter, theater artist, architect. Studied at Academy of Arts in Petersburg. In 1916 got the degree of the academician. Since 1897 gave lessons in Moscow School of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture, and in 1900-s in Stroganov School. After 1917 went abroad. Since 1924 lived in Rome. His works are exhibited in the State Russian Museum, in the Congregation of Vatican’s Eastern Churches, as well as in many private collections.