Klever Oskar Yulyevich (1887, St. Petersburg – 1975, Leningrad).
He was a son and disciple of the painting professor Yuly Klever. In 1890s, he studied at L.E. Dmitriev-Kavkazsky’s studio in St. Petersburg, and was close to the World of Art and the Blue Rose painters. First exhibited in 1906, he participated in the Fall Exhibitions in St. Petersburg and the exhibitions of the Artists’ Association. He worked in the field of book design and illustration and designed theatrical scenery and costumery for P. Gaideburov’s Mobile Theater in St. Petersburg. After the 1917 revolution, his main fields of activity were scenography and drawing. The artist’s works are in the State Literature Museum, the Karabikha Museum-Estate of N. Nekrasov, in the Hans Christian Andersen Museum in Odense (Denmark), in the Museum of the Russian Academy of Arts, in the Russian State Archive for Literature and History, and in the Leningrad Home for Senior Actors.
Buy author works – Klever Oskar Yulyevich